Total Pageviews

Friday, 23 August 2013

Cranberry Hush by Ben Monopoli *****

The Cranberry HushThe Cranberry Hush by Ben Monopoli

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What a beautiful, beautiful story. Vince is bi and has been in love with his best friend from college, Griff, since he first met him. Unfortunately for Vince, Griff is straight.

Having recently broken up with his girlfriend Melanie and avoiding thinking about his hot co-worker, and friend, Zane the last person Vince expects to see in the middle of a blizzard is Griff. The same Griff he'd studiously avoided for the last four years.

Cranberry Hush is about love. It is about love in its many guises and how it can be the most beautiful, colourful thing ever but can also be the most painful, soul wrenching thing. Especially when it's unrequited.

We follow the lives of the three main characters Vince, Griff and Zane through one week of their lives, one week full of emotional turmoil. Ben Monopoli cleverly uses flashbacks to explain the feelings of Vince, how he has got to this point in his life.

I cried near the end - I'm going to try and not include spoilers - but I don't know they were tears of sadness, my heart ached for Vince, yet it was joyful too; love is more than lust, more than sex, more than physical and Cranberry Hush shows this to perfection.

I was recommended this book by Ann (thank you) and I would recommend to everyone, it shows the beauty of love like only a few other authors can.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment